Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

I was just putting music into the 2gb extended memory of my V8 when all of a sudden I just can't access it anymore. I realized this as my wallpaper returned to the default one and all my alert tones (ringing, message etc.) went into their default ones, too. Music player shows nothing as well. However, when I connect the phone to my pc via usb cable the 2gb extended memory still shows up as a removable drive which is strange. The File Manager application on the phone doesn't show it, though. Any way I could still have my extended memory back? Any advice will be welcome. Thanks.

Perform Master Reset from the phone's menu and after that try again.
    Best Regards
    GSMServer team

sigpic

Comment

Master Reset? How to do it?

Thank you for replying.

Could you please tell me how to do it? I see 'Reset All Settings', 'Delete All Data', and 'Delete Memory'. Which one should I choose?

Comment

@ buttons.up,

Try to use 'Reset All Settings' option.
        Best Regards
        Smart-Clip Team
        www.Smart-Clip.com
        www.GsmServer.com
        www.Boot-Loader.com
        www.SCoutDongle.com
        www.Smart-Unlocker.com

sigpic

Comment

'Reset All Settings'

Doing 'Reset All Settings' didn't work. All symptoms remain the same.

Any more suggestions?

Comment

You may have a corrupt file causing the phone to ignore the extended memory. I would wipe the memory out (move it to the comp if you want) and see if it will see it then.

Zo
            www.amigotek.com

Comment

Help Needed

I wanted to clear the extended memory, but whenever I access the 'Delete Memory' function of the phone, my only option is to delete the SIM card memory. I'd want to try out 'Delete All Data', but my problem is that it just might not work since the File Manager won't show the 2gb extended memory and just delete only the phone memory instead.

Comment

You said the computer sees the extended 2GB portion in one of your previous statements. Use the computer to wipe that memory section out. Then power down and back up to see if the phone will see it afterwards.

Zo
                www.amigotek.com

Comment

Help Needed

I should have explained further, sorry about that.

When I said my pc still sees the 2gb extended memory of the phone, what I meant was that it just shows up as a removable drive. It won't open when I double-click on it, though. I can't access the extended memory even though it still keeps showing up.

I've tried resetting everything through the 'Delete All Data' function. My prediction was right as it wiped out the phone's memory but was unable to clear up the 2gb extended memory.

Comment

What message does your computer give when you try to open the drive up?

Zo
                    www.amigotek.com

Comment

Help Needed

When I click, it says "Please insert a disk into drive X:"

When I access the 2gb extended memory through the 'View Memory' function, I scroll over to the right and it says "Memory card is unavailable. Please insert memory card to view memory status."

For me to do that, I'd have to physically open up the phone. And I don't think that the built-in 2gb extended memory would come in the form of a microSD. Or does it?

Comment

Working...
                      X